Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Languages
I heard that Rosetta Stone is overrated when it comes to learning new languages. A question to the experienced guys, what would you say is the best method to learn a new language?  (Both speaking and reading.)
(02-10-2020, 06:23 PM)rest2002 Wrote: I heard that Rosetta Stone is overrated when it comes to learning new languages. A question to the experienced guys, what would you say is the best method to learn a new language?  (Both speaking and reading.)

Honestly, go to the country and learn it in their native schools. You also get the benefit of communicating with locals there while you learn.

If you want to learn but not travel, I recommend watching some TV shows in the country. Like anime for Japan. I learned so much Japanese just from watching a lot of anime when i was a teenager.
(02-10-2020, 06:23 PM)rest2002 Wrote: I heard that Rosetta Stone is overrated when it comes to learning new languages. A question to the experienced guys, what would you say is the best method to learn a new language?  (Both speaking and reading.)

Rosetta stone I'd good I heard. It associates words with pictures same way a baby 👶 would learn. You should try it out. I used a bit and it was helpful.
(02-12-2020, 05:30 AM)troy_the_nomad Wrote:

Rosetta stone I'd good I heard. It associates words with pictures same way a baby 👶 would learn. You should try it out. I used a bit and it was helpful.

he's not a baby he's a grown adult lol
Thank you. One thing I do now, is keep my spanish up by watching telemundo with the subtitles on, when I run on the treadmill. It's got a TV in the screen. So I am getting two birds with one stone.